+09 clutch adjustment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: +09 clutch adjustment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Carpenter on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Mine slips a little under pressure after getting into top gear. Can it be adjusted without taking off the hogs head? Advice please! and thanks!!
Ken Carpenter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Ken -- Yes, it is done through the inspection cover on the hogshead. The Ford Service book tells how, as does the MTFCA Transmission book.

It's not difficult, but remember to stuff rags all around the outsides of the tranny so when you drop something it won't go to the bottom. (Also remember to remove those rags when you're finished. :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

Not if you have the square hole hogshead. The worse news is that you can't try out the adjustment without replacing the hogshead. If the adjustment is incorrect you have to do all over again.
On a 1910 I owned years ago, the clutch slipped badly. After considerable worrying, I decided to adjust the set screws twice what I would normally do if I could test the adjustment. Lucky for me the adjustment was just right and I only had to remove the hogshead once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Carpenter on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Yes, of course I have the square hole hogs head so I'll have to bite the bullet and take it off. After that I shall follow the book. Thanks guys. Ken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Ken, what year is your car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 12:02 am:

Title says '09, hence his question.
I never worked on a real '09, so I did not know the answer for certain. But I thought what Richard G said was that case.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration