Old Photo - Fordson At Work On City Street Snow Removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Fordson At Work On City Street Snow Removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:48 pm:

Wouldn't you like to be a license plate collector who holds that plate and then discover such a photo pertaining to the vehicle it was licensed to.
Maybe it is just me, but I collect some old plates and seeing something like that would make my day...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:49 am:

Don't think that Fordson is removing any snow. No blade in front or under the tractor.

Just happens to be on a slushy street, that's all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 01:19 am:

Maybe they were just out pulling out stuck vehicles. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

I don't know Erik,....that big heavy chain from the hand wheel operated worm drive obviously must go down to something, and there is a pile of snow there,....??? Also, the hand crank is wired up, I would think so as not to interfere with the vertical adjustment movement of the little blade. I think there is a small blade there, and it's small because it's the widest blade they could fit between the front wheels without interfering with steering. And the tractor is obviously equipped with a heavy set of tire chains to push pretty hard in inc/snow. I suppose the tractor is usually used for other purposes than snow removal, and for that reason, maybe the little blade is just sort of a temporary "jury rig" affair,........???.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 03:30 am:

Just thought of something else. I wonder if the blade broke off from hitting something and they are attempting to retrieve it? Look at the braces(push arms) that run under the tractor from the rear to the blade in the front in Erik's picture. It appears the "push arm" stops right where the vertical support comes down in front of the operator in Jay's picture. Both rigs are very similar in construction. Both pictures are interesting.Just a thought. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

This looks to me like a "highly efficient" D.C. public works project. Two highly paid Govt. workers moving as much snow as the dragging chain links can move.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration