Wanted Early Photos of Ts with the optional Ford supplied natural wood spoke wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wanted Early Photos of Ts with the optional Ford supplied natural wood spoke wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 09:04 am:

While looking for photos of the 15,000,000 Model T tire, I ran across the photo below on e-bay at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-FORD-MODEL-T-TOURING-IN-FRONT-OF-DEALER-12-X-18-LARGE-PICTURE-PHOTO-/151650967884?hash=item234f1a214c:g:B1wAAOSwPhdU379D&vxp=mtr

It appears to be a proud new owner of a 1926 touring (no cross bar for the head lights) that has the official Ford natural wood spoke wheels. You can see he is in front of the Ford dealership. And we can also see the accessory wind wings and top boot cover.

From Bruce’s (R.I.P.) on-line encyclopedia at: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc25.htm it has:

MAY 14, 1925 Factory Letter
NATURAL WOOD WHEELS announced. T-291-1 front wheel, balloon, with hub and less rim, at $5.50 each. T-2815G rear wheel, balloon, with hub and less rim, at $5.50 each. These were sold as a set to the dealer for $13.20. They were to be sold to the customer on an exchange basis (for black balloon wheels) for $15.00. Ford would allow a credit of $6.00 for the returned set.

I have not seen many photos from back in the day that had that optional natural wood wheel option. If you have one that you can post that would be appreciated. Of if you have a one that is published in a book that you don’t want to post – if you could please let us know where it is located. Or if there is already a posting with lots of them posted there – please let me know.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration