Custom 1916

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Custom 1916
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Interesting car! Except for the radiator and hood? I do not really see any more accessories. Unusual. Generally, when a car had something that significant, it would also have several lesser accessories as well.
One thing I am not sure about, is the top? It looks like it may be a one man type? They were offered as after-market accessories for Fords at that time.

Thank you Royce, for the nice distraction on a difficult holiday. For you also I would imagine.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

one man top. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 03:41 pm:

Yeah,......an interesting choice of accessories, for sure. A nice radiator and shell for sure, but you'd think that if a guy was gonna' spend extra $$$ for any type of accessory, he'd have something more practical like demountable wheels or something for example. I'm wondering if maybe that car (and the people) are other than U.S.A., as the people and their manner of dress look foreign to me, and maybe the radiator is of European origin,....??? Great picture,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

The owner did spend a bit more, the license plate bracket accessory so the plate is angled up under the fender!

That radiator and hood set makes his Ford special!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

Aaaahhh,....so,.....it's not foreign. Right out of Detroit,....thanks Dan. But still, an odd choice,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

Here is a c. 1914-15 T Speedster that was once in Wichita. It sold at an auction in the mid-1960's in Wichita. I don't know where it went. The radiator looks a lot like the one in the picture.

The folks that owned the speedster were Gilbert & Pearl Johnson. Gil was one of the originators of the Wichita Antique Car Club in the mid to late 1940's. I believe Gil & Pearl took the train back east, like Ohio or Michigan or ???, bought it, restored as shown, and drove it home. That would have been about 1960. I was just a young lad at that time. I wonder what ever happened to the speedster? Has anyone seen it?
Verne Shirk
Wichita, KS

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration