Canadian touring - what year?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Canadian touring - what year?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Or maybe the negative was reversed when the image was printed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

Reversed negative. Buttons on gents coat.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

No door on other side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

I hope I can make Popeye's new top look that good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 04:05 pm:

Ken -- good catch on the coat buttons!

I believe it is most likely a 1924 USA touring.

Note it appears to be a starter equipped but non-demountable clincher touring.

One man style top bows would make it 1923 or later for USA production.

Based on the cowl compared to a low cowl 1915-1923 and a high cowl 1924-25 -- I believe it is a high cowl car. (see the photos of both for comparison at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/309158.html?1346535627 Note someone who is more familiar with the high cowl cars maybe able to confirm or correct what I think I see.)

And if it is a high cowl, then because the front door opens level rather than slanting down when open, that would indicate it is a 1924 rather than a 1925.

As always a higher or better resolution photo would make it easier to tell. In a higher resolution photo we might be able to see the notch in the 1924-25 hood shelf near the back hood latch.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 03:36 am:

Isn't it interesting how many of those old pictures are reversed. Old habits from the old tintype pictures? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Owen on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 08:55 am:

Looks like a young Peyton Manning on his way to try outs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration