HCCT Stand

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: HCCT Stand
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

I would like to mount my HCCT on a stand but am concerned about stability. Does anyone have any suggestions as to something that can be made or repurposed to provide a safe base.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

Best stand is an old treadle sewing machine stand. Just the right height, stable, on wheels. Put a pieced of 3/4 plywood on top and mount the hcct. I was going to hook mine up to the treadle, but never did. Somewhere on this site are pictures of the one I made and mounted. Stained the top, made a drawer, the whole works.

The stands are available pretty regularly for $10 to $15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

I used a 14" wheel for the foot. Took a piece of pipe and welded a 1/4" plate on either end. The top plate is just as big as the HCCT base. The bottom plate was bolted to the wheel. I can kind of roll it around the shop if I need to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

For the HCCT that I found that myself and two other friends bought I re-purposed the steel "crating" that my lift was shipped in. Super heavy duty, absolutely perfect for it. Made the top out of 3/4 plywood, square size same as the two steel "legs" of the crating. Perfect height. Angle braced each steel leg with 2x2 & painted it flat black. Really works good. So if anybody ever buys a lift, it'll probably be crated similarly, so DON'T throw out the steel crate! Sooner or later it'll come in handy! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

The best stand for a HCCT is a workbench. If you're larger than the average friendly bear then put it under the bench when not using it. Putting it on anything else is inviting disaster.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

I'm with Garnet. I keep one on the work bench in my shop, one on the heavy fooling tool chest, one on the work bench in the garage and I keep the clean on on the desk in my office next to my laptop. All four are safe from the hoarders. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 01:39 am:

I used an old cast iron grinder/buffer stand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 06:05 am:

Garnet...unforuntately most of us are not larger than an average friendly bear, I used my neat little $99 H.B. engine crane to lift ours up and onto my very sturdy stand that I fabricated per my above post. This thing aint going nowhere! Lugging an HCCT around at all is just inviting injury and/or disaster. Too heavy and cumbersome. JMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 08:22 am:

I put my HCCT on an antique Snap-On bottom toolbox that was made in 1919. It's period correct and I can store coil supplies in the three drawers.hcct

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Great shop and a great picture, James! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Thanks Mark! It's my home away from home.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 09:08 am:

I have my Souix valve grinder on my antique Snap On tool box! Will need to find another one to place the motor driven Allen coil tester on top of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 09:39 am:

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. This forum can't be beat! I especially like the snap-on tool box idea. I'll have to see what I can find

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 10:02 am:

Dave.. I got that tool box 30 years ago when I was a Ford mechanic. I bought it off of one of the other mechanics in the dealership for 50 bucks. I'm glad I bought it. You see them occasionally on Ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 10:50 am:

I was thinkin' maybe the stand from an old cream separator?
I used one years ago for a bench grinder, but don't remember what ever happened to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

Uncle Jack,

That's a beautiful Base !! :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration