1927 front and rear springs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1927 front and rear springs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

Can anyone tell me what the correct number of leafs should be in my 1927 coupe front and rear springs ... thanks for any help .. Joe.. joeg48@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 12:11 am:

Sure, you should have 8 leafs both front and rear. The rear springs were much the same from 1918 on, while 26/27 front springs are lowered compared to the older ones.

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/S-T.htm#spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 01:39 am:

Thanks Roger.... I only have 7 leafs in my front spring ?? .. will this work ?? ... Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 01:55 am:

Well, the 1918-25 cars had a 7 leaf front spring, maybe that's what it is?
Sure it'll work, but if you find an original 26/27 spring later on an wants to have it all original, then it's not so much trouble to swap front springs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 02:12 am:

Thanks again Roger...Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

you have to have 8, 7 won`t fit right. I just went through changing mine out. 7 is temp..7 won`t go up enough befor clamp bracket hits the frame. The bolt pin has to go up into the frame channel. With radiator in place you can`t till. And bolts are to long with 7, you will need some thick washers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Even though a late '25-27 front spring has 8 leafs, it sits about an inch lower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

That`s what he needs!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration