OT - two 1906 solutions to prevent theft of your Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - two 1906 solutions to prevent theft of your Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 09:28 am:

I thought these were interesting solutions to prevent early car theft. The first method recommended by a Police Lt. is disconnecting the steering system:

Second, recommended by the Detroit Ford Branch Manager, may be considered a little more "harsh" on the thief. Just so the owner doesn't forget to unlock it before starting:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

I should try that. Always leave my spark advanced when not in the car. Probably full throttle too. That will get them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 12:58 am:

Makes me wonder, has anyone on the forum ever had a (crank start only) model T stolen ?? Stealing a trailer with a T in it doesn't count.

Just wonderin'

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration