Testing gasket on an old carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Testing gasket on an old carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 10:38 am:

Cut a carburetor bowl gasket from hot press watercolor paper using a compass fitted with a scalpel. Tricky procedure for such a thin gasket. This is the set up I made to test for leaks. So far so good.

carb testing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 11:37 am:

Cool photo and a good idea. Can you tell me more about the paper??

You should get rid of the plastic line and take another photo with your old Worchester-Wooten tool set and that carb, etc. It would be poster worthy!

I thought at first that was a model K Holley but it isn't, I dunno what kind of carb it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

Hey Stan,

The paper I used was Canson cold press 140 lb watercolor paper. It is well sized and thick enough for a little compression when screwing down the nut for the bowl. It took me three revolutions of my home made compass / scalpel to cut a very thin and accurate gasket.

The carb I have posted before on the forum. No one seemed to know what it was. It looks like a cross between a U&J with a Kingston type offset drain bowel. Very wide intake ... a well made piece .. but I've yet to put it on my T. The leather seats were the project this summer. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration