Push ring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Push ring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 11:36 am:

In working on my clutch I have found I have a push ring marked T-704, this was on my 26 when I got it, I have another transmission from a 25 and it has a push ring marked T-704-M, I looked in the parts book and can't find this one, it has larger pins that won't fit through the driven plate, the plate from the 25 is broken and wallowed from the oversize pins, any idea what this is made to fit.?

Thanks

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

1926/27 push rings differs from the earlier in that the dowel pins has a smaller diameter.
The oval holes in your 1925 transmission were likely caused by someone assembling the clutch discs in the wrong order sometime in the past. A large disc should always be closest to the driving plate.

Here's a recent discussion where the wrong order clutch plates were mentioned: https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.mtfca.com/discus/ messages/506218/583800.html%3F1446507934&ved=0ahUKEwjeyKzszLPJAhWEBiwKHfTCBgYQFg gZMAA&usg=AFQjCNG-ogkTSUWEvZGxKGf4b5i-bGUTlQ&sig2=v0n9BXjaBo3V4nedtxC0vg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

we have some in stock, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

Bob, I don't need any , I was just wondering what the T-704-M ring fit .!
I do need a large disc for a 26 transmission though.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 11:43 am:

It's funny that the parts book doesn't mention this.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration