All Dressed for Winter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: All Dressed for Winter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Starting to get Cold in Rochester ... time for winter clothes.

clothes.winter front

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Mark,

Nice looking speedster. Motorcycle clothing might be a nice option for the driver and passenger? As well as taking up the top floorboard to let the engine heat come through.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Good idea ... never thought of pulling the top floor board. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Mark, very nice speedster. "I like it" How about a side photo, and maybe one of the seat uphoulstery. I will be having the uphoulstery done in my speedster project this winter. Are your seats leather.?? They look like they are leather. I want to do leather in mine, so were there any issues I should be aware of when getting mine done. I like the brown, like yours and hope to find some distressed or aged look material. I have been thinking of Black, Brown (like yours) a lighter Brown, or Oxblood. Any suggestions will be appreciated... Thanks .... Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Mark - Great looking speedster! I second what Donnie said about the side photo! If you happen to head "south" this winter (Honeoye Falls area that is), make sure to look me up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

Here is a 3/4 view I shot for Halloween. You get a better sense of the body and gas tank arrangement.

graveyard shot

and one that shows the seat details

seat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Donnie,

One day when I was driving to work I saw a large leather sofa on the curb for trash pickup. I pulled over and discovered that it was actually pretty good leather, not the junk you usually find. I had a single edge razor blade in the car and cut off as much of the leather as I could. That was three years ago.

I finally got to sew and install the seat covers and cushions late this summer. I built the cushion frames and found a neat set of springs. The rest was cotton and horse hair. Here is a shot from when I was in the thick of it.

seats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 11:37 pm:

That guy had some serious knee replacements.

What's the third lever by the horn button for?

I'm not much of a patina fan, but I must admit that car looks great! Like it has been that way and used for maaaaaany years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 08:01 am:

Yes, I wanted it to look like it was a vintage speedster found in a barn and worked on .. not a rat rod. I work in a conservation department of a museum ... part of the culture.

There is the Ford combination horn and light switch. The thing with the lever is an adjustment for the carburetor needle valve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Mark It is nice that you let the original owner drive it at least every Halloween, Nice Speedster!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 09:45 am:

Mark, your winter front is fancier than mine! :-)

pic01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 10:31 am:

A radiator cover is helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Mark, thanks for the pics. I have been trying to find some old furniture with old leather, but no luck yet. The best I have found so far is some oxblood leather that is aged looking. I am hoping to be far enough along with mine in a month or so to take to my upholsterer. I guess I better get to looking a little harder. :-) :-) I like the patina. That's similar to what Im striving for in my speedster project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

Mark, What do you think the seat frame went to? The reason I ask is because I have a similar seat I put on my speedster. It is all wood and I have had problems with it cracking on the backside. I even covered it with fiberglass mat, but I am always touching it up. Your pictures of your upholstery job shows the same wood I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Hi Kevin,

I think mine is different than yours. It is essentially a metal seat with wood trim strips screwed along the edges for upholstery. The curves are also more pronounced along the back. Here is another picture:

seats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Skerten on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 04:13 am:

Nice cars guys nice to see them being used year round. Today was 33 celcius here in NZ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 08:12 am:

I wonder how many folks would buy a reproduction of "Henry's Chest Protector"? I know I would, especially if I could get my choice of advertisement silk-screened onto the front. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration