Old photo comparing 1921 T to 1955 T-Bird

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old photo comparing 1921 T to 1955 T-Bird
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

I found this picture in an August 1955 issue of Ford Times. Has anyone seen this before or does anybody know the gentleman that owned this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

Back in the 1950's I bought a Model A for $50. I really liked the new Thunderbird. I thought I would wait for the price to get down to $50 and then buy one. It has not happened yet!

Also I bought a 67 Dodge Dart slant 6. It was almost indestructable. I thought it would become a collectors car like a modern Model A. Sadly, only the V8 models seem to be in demand.

I guess I'm just not a very good predictor of the future trends.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 07:55 am:

Norm, keep trying and don't give-up, I think your on the right track, the slant six was a great engine.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 08:41 am:

The most indestructible car I ever had was 56 Ford six. I could right a book on what that car and engine went through. I drove it as an every day car for seven years until 1982 when I bought a Mark V Lincoln. I sold the 56 at an antique car auction. A dealer from Michigan bought it. It may still be around. I won't tell you the mileage because you wouldn't believe it. I still have the Lincoln.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration