Press release photo of 15,000,000-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Press release photo of 15,000,000-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

Wonder if that car is really the first Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

From memory the first model T was shipped to a doctor and had no top or wind screen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 07:05 am:

Dave,

No, the Model T in the photo was not T number 1 nor was it the first T. News Papers etc. often shorten things or take the word of the person they are interviewing. Also the Ford Public Affairs folks tended to spin things in the direction they needed. Note that same picture with a very similar claim was published and republished over the years. And the date on the back of that photo appears to be Nov 1929 so the story has been wrong for a long time.

That photo has been discussed in the past. Note that it has the billed front fenders that I believe were introduced after the first 2500 or so Fords. It has the higher rather than lower rear door handle that Royce points out is a 1910 feature. [All the 1910s tourings appear to have that style. But I would still like to know when it was introduced. If it was introduced around car number 2500 then that would have been during April 1909 and I believe those still would have been 1909 cars. And even if they were introduced as late as cars in the 5000 engine serial number that would have been in mid-Jun 1909. (ref Bruce McCalley (R.I.P.) pages 481 and 483 for the Apr and Jun dates.]

Still a good photo. And the caption appears to only be incorrect on one out of three cars in the photo.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 09:17 am:

Herb you outdid yourself with this one! Great photo!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration