1927 Coupe body to frame bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1927 Coupe body to frame bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Can anyone tell me the size and length of the body to frame mounting bolts for a 1927 Coupe .... thanks for any help .. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

They are 7/16 NF and about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

the front ones are shorter, the nuts on all are 3/4" wrench, heads are different size than nuts, the set in front of the seat are round headed, smaller than carriage bolt head size but rounded, same as the next set back, the rear set in the trunk are longer about 3 1/2 long

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

A while back someone posted a chart of what size nuts and bolts were used in different locations of a Model T. I'm thinking it was a 'Ford' publication but not for sure. I cant seem to find it doing a forum search. But pretty sure its there somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

From my original, rusty '26 coupe #13,606,xxx:
All are NF 7/16" with hex nuts (fits 11/16 socket)and lock washers. Approx 1/8" of thread shows beyond nut. Measured bolt length each body mount location from front to back of body. Front 1-1/4" Hex head; Near e-brake quadrant 2-1/4" Hex; Under seat 2-1/4" Carriage; Rear frame cross member 3-1/2" Hex head.

Respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

Poor Royce, isn't this the third thread that you've posted that diagram in in the past two days?

Thanks for your efforts. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration