Anderson manifold

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Anderson manifold
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil C Bartlett, Shively CA on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

I picked up a model that today that had an Anco manifold. Are they any good? Was wondering if they made any difference in performance or if it is just a cool old accessory wallhanger.

Thanks, Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

I like my Anco manifold. I've run two tours using it and my roadster runs real good with it and a Simmons carb. I was getting between 17 & 19 mpg. I don't have to run a stove pipe so I can use an air filter with no icing. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 07:41 am:

Hello Neil,

Here are some past threads on this manifold.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/366946.html?1370916183

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/117504.html

I have one but have never installed it to see for myself.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 08:01 am:

I have an ANCO on a 1915 T Runabout. It also has a Haibe High Power head, an improved cam, coils, original timer, and Holly NH carb. The car does not run right. It struggles at speed and lacks acceleration. Earlier this fall, our T club discussed the poor running and believe that it is starving for fuel due to the ANCO manifold. We thought it might be the carb so we swapped the one that was on it and put on a Potter rebuild NH. I can say it ran a LOT better with the Potter rebuilt carb. I have not taken the ANCO off yet to see if that helps. The car runs very well other than that.
Verne Shirk
Wichita, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil C Bartlett, Shively CA on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 11:24 am:

Thanks for the replies. Now to get it running and try it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 11:38 am:

The '14 has had an ANCO manifold for many years. It runs fine, no different than a stock Ford manifold except easier to install since it is one piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 03:13 pm:

You forgot one feature that I consider a real "plus" that I'm sure you'll agree with Royce. Very slim chance of warpage with the Anco or Wilmo or probably any of the other less common one-piece manifolds,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

I have 3 of them on 3 cars and just got a 4th one for the last car. I really like them, both for the really nice castings and also the way they make the cars run. A real neat accessory!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

What color were the Anco manifolds originally? PK

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration