Hassler shocks with Rocky mtn brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hassler shocks with Rocky mtn brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

Has anyone installed rear Hassler shocks with the Rocky mtn brakes. If so, i would like to know what was done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 12:17 am:

I've been wondering the same thing only I want to put AC brakes on my 14. It has hasslers on it now and it doesn't appear that the AC's will go on with them in place. Is it too much to ask for both??
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 12:30 am:

I've got the pancake Hasslers and AC brakes on one of my pickups. There is just enough room. I'm told you can't do it with the Beehive hassslers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 01:31 am:

Jack I thought that the Hassler's could not be used on the rear with Rocky's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 07:39 am:

They fit with small drum Bauer or AC brakes. No way to use Hasslers with any style reproduction Rocky Mountain brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:30 am:

Beehive Hassler over AC style brakes on small drum rear axle. Pancake would fit similar.
This photo off the forum.

100_9362 (600x450) (580x435) (2).jpg

Larry Smith posted this photo of original Rocky Mtn. Brakes, on small drum axle, the shock I believe is a Pancake Hassler, by the look of the perch arm.

575217.jpg

Rear Hassler Pancake

hass size.jpg

But as Royce posted, the new reproduction Rocky Mtn brakes use a more or less top mounted adjustment for band and lever, different arm mounting castings to the backing plate, and smaller 'large drum' than original, that any Hassler shock parts would interfere is likely.

100_0826 (800x533).jpg

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration