A little video

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A little video
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 08:32 am:

Some of the folks who post on Richard Goldman's Model T Club of Facebook are old timers, but there are a lot of posts by younger folks who are just getting their first T or want to get one. A lot of the questions that come up are the same ones that regularly occur here. After a post yesterday about using an eight volt battery, I got to thinking about the question of how fast the starter needs to spin a Model T motor to get it started. So I made a little video to show how fast it needs to spin.

https://youtu.be/3pv6HWWOGYA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 08:40 am:

Impressive! I'm going to try that next time instead of giving it my usual big yank. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:11 am:

Was that on battery or magneto, Steve?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:18 am:

That was a BAT start. For a MAG start you really do need to give it a good quick yank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Make me think about the BEAST of Turin start up

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=133946

Great demo Steve

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:33 am:

Steve: Nice video (as usual!).

What caused the headlamps to come on right after the engine started? Light switch position moved due to vibration? respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:39 am:

No, I just left the switch on. Especially on cloudy days, I leave the lights on to be as visible as possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:42 am:

James - Steve has magneto powered lights on his '15 :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Correct. If I leave the switch on the lights are on when the car runs and go off when it stops. They're no drain on the battery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 11:43 am:

Steve, you sure do know how to make a video. And your point is also well made.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration