Selling my steamboat due to ill health, check the classified's O T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Selling my steamboat due to ill health, check the classified's O T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:53 am:

Must sell due to ill health. Check the classified's for Steamboat for sale OT

Tinkerbelle

sailing away

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Sorry to hear of your ill health. I hope everything turns out OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

I am pleased that you have had and enjoyed the steamboat, but saddened very much that your health forces you to sell it. Take care my friend.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

There's a great YouTube video of the Frank's steam launch in action. It is a fabulous machine. Check it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

Frank, your old friend and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 01:03 am:

If someone does end up buying this ....

I will be dropping off in Long Beach, CA at the port in about (2) weeks - subject to weather.

It might fit inside my enclosed trailer.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 03:03 pm:
Added information for shipping:

1. LENGTH, Boat on trailer 22'1" long

2.WIDTH BETWEEN OUTER EDGE OF TRAILER FENDERS, 5' 8" wide

3. HEIGHT, 7' 10" from ground to top of smoke stack when on the trailer

Below is a picture of the boiler with approximately 40 hours total time on it and always on distilled water recycled through a condenser.

boiler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

Contrary to popular belief, Distilled water is not the best thing to put in a boiler, it actually causes shell pitting!
Very nice plumbing job there, everything about your boat looks top-notch. Wish I still had mine!
Actually, I have the remains of the S L Sinbad, but I think the hull is economically too far gone now to save--and it's more a powerboat hull than a steamboat hull, all the machinery went into the Mexican "African Queen" replica a few decades ago.
I have almost enough stuff around here to replace the original though.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration