Body bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Body bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By donald shanabrook on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

What are the correct body bolts that hols the body brackets to the frame. The first parts book [1-2500] indicate a bolt, nut and "cotter", however do not indicate the type of bolt etc. Thanks: Don mddws@me .com or 419 447 5254

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

That 9/16"shown for the body bracket connecting bolt refers to the head size, not the shaft. I believe that would be 3/8".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 10:42 am:

The late T's use only a bolt, lock washer and a plain hex nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Larry: I just had a 24 Canadian Touring that had never been apart. It had the bolt, nut and a cotter pin on all the body bolts. The nut was NOT slotted for the pin. The pin just kept the nut from falling off. If I get a chance I will look at my USA 1923 Touring that is original. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 11:00 am:

Sorry: Those were bolts for the body not the brackets. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Seems to me that the shaft on the body to frame bolts are larger then 3/8 as is the head of the bolt on my 1921. If you look at the whole listing for the body to frame bolt/nut you will see it has a 9/16 head and takes a 11/16 nut for a 1/2 inch bolt. At one point they may have been one of those anomalies that come up every so often where the bolt head and nut are two different sizes so you only needed one set of wrenches to work on the car. Many sets of wrenches come; 1/2-9/16 and 11/16-3/4.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration