1922 ? Touring. 26/7 coupe? HELP?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1922 ? Touring. 26/7 coupe? HELP?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

I was told my touring was a 23 but I think it's a 22

The writing is number under water outlet
The circle diagram was to the right of outlet
Thanks.

Now my 26/7? Coupe. No number on bloc and no sign of grinding but...

Sorry for long post
I think it's a 25 colum?
Pics next
Franken T
Thanks for any help
Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

I can't upload pictures.
Tomorrow I have to have my 8 year old do it four me!
Uuuugggghhhh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

The motor number for my touring is

Little round diagram next to outlet says 1. R. 10. 22.
Sorry new at uploads

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

The radiator changed from the low to high radiator in aug 1923. The firewall changed from wood to metal in march 1923. I may be wrong on the exact dates, but you can look it up in the encyclopedia on this site. I am sure my web friends will correct me.....
The engine number is ABOVE the water inlet.... On most T engines after 1912. Try to find the casting dates, something like 111225 which would be nov 12, 1925. Mind you the engine could have been changed, at least once.....
Some models have a body number, my 14 touring has a body number preceded by 8 14 which is thought to be aug 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

Yup sorry. Number was under inlet.
Trying to upload pics and was loosing my mind.
Lol thanks Tony.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

January 1922.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 08:06 am:

The twin valve cover engines were the last to get full casting dates on US produced engines and by January 1922 Ford had started to phase out the twin valve cover blocks for the one piece valve cover version, but the phase out took several months. Your casting date may mean January 10, 1922(?).

Do you have the 1917-22 style windshield with rounded upper corners or the more square slightly leaning windshield that was used 1923-25?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Picture file size limit is 250K (try 240K to be safe). Here is an easy way to resize pictures:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

Hey roger . Rounded upper window frame.
Mark thanks for help.
22 rounded upper windshield }
Greg

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration