How about one of these for a HP boost...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How about one of these for a HP boost...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Monday, November 30, 2015 - 11:44 pm:

Some old era HP boost device maybe folks on here may recall or know more details about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:27 am:

Yeah, I remember the Turbonique ads in Hot Rod and Motor Trend magazines in the sixties, very well. I never could talk Dad into buying and installing one on Mom's 56 Lincoln Premier! Ha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:39 am:

Would like one but it's not going to happen...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:48 am:

Kep, I think the business closed decades ago. I haven't seen an ad for them since Richard Nixon became US President.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:55 am:

I remember a guy tried one in a VW bug for a drag racer. He got half way down the track, going like hell, and the car flipped over backwards.
It went so fast the lift on the font end at that speed just lifted the front end up off the track.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 01:52 am:

It would sure give a 1915 Speedster a boost along.
No front brakes and all should be a real hoot for a budding Evel Knieval.
I would almost driving in a cartoon or how the old Keystone Cops movies ran at double speed...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration