Old Photo - Street Erchin's Checking Out A Vehicular Mishap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Street Erchin's Checking Out A Vehicular Mishap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Gyroscopic effect caused by the increased weight of the disk wheels. Couldn't stay in his lane. Those onlookers might be shocked if the wires come all the way down! Actually, I think the pole got the worst of the accident. The car can probably be repaired, but the pole is totaled.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

I have a feeling that if the light pole was fairly new the T would have been wrapped around it or maybe damaged a lot more.
The pole appears to be rotten or old looking at it base!

Since it was in the ground and concrete poured around it probably was near rotted at the base. It might not have been treated.

I don't think I would have been standing near it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

Glad I have bumpers on my hack. Hope I never wipe out a pole like that driver did. Only bumper damage. They really work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

I'd say those are pretty well-dressed urchins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

Husband consoling wife, by his arm around her behind the on-looking local kids. She was driving.

Husband saying....."It's all right honey, no real harm done to the Ford, just remember, next time push on the right pedal to stop. That left pedal is for go...."

(Message edited by Dan_Treace on December 01, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

Or he's saying; what the #%#**^ made you think you should drive on the %#^%%+* sidewalk. Now don't start blubbering and carrying on! You sound like your Mother! Hopefully we can get it out of here before the cop gets here. I don't want to end up paying having to pay $750.00-$1000.00 for a %+#^%* pole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

More information on this photo here including location:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/293981.html?1338997851

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

Note the snow fence on the roof of church. Kept the snow from sliding off en mass hurting or killing those below.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Oops. I see that was addressed in the link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

Norm,
That pole can easily be used again. It'll just be shorter, that's all. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration