New 30x3.5 tires & tubes??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New 30x3.5 tires & tubes??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

It's time for me to buy a new set of standard black 30x3.5 tires. I haven't bought a set for this car in over 20 years and would like to know your experience and recommendations among the NEW lot of tires: Wards Riverside - Firestone - Universal T Drivers? It has been said on this forum before, they are all coming out of the same overseas factory but maybe one of the versions is a little better than the others. I'd also like comments on who is carrying the best tubes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

I ordered my tires from Lucas Tire in Long Beach Ca. I understand there is another Lucas Tire somewhere in the Midwest which would be closer to you. I ordered by phone and to my surprise, the tires were delivered the next day. The ones I got were about 5 years ago. Wards Riverside. They look identical to the ones made during the 1960's. So far the tires have worn well and no cracks. The tubes have been good, no flat tires.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

Springfield, Oh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

I bought a set of Wards Riverside tires from Snyder's and they have been fantastic. Fresh as can be, good wearing, crack free and easy to mount. Next time though, I will pony up a few more bucks and get the more correct looking Firestones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

Roger, please look for my PM.

Bob C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Roger - Just an FYI; I'm located in Dayton, Ohio. When I called Lucas Classic Tire in Springfield (about 20 miles from me) a few years ago, thinking that I could just go there and save the shipping, they told me they would have to order any tires that I wanted from the manufacturer and they would be direct shipped to me (read: no savings). I asked myself why should I do that, when I can get them direct shipped from the manufacturer myself. Got mine from Universal Vintage Tire in Hershey, PA, which is where Lucas would have ordered them from anyways.
YMMV

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

Roger.
Are your old tires Universal, ribbed with white sidewalls?
If yes...I ask if I could buy them from you.
I am looking to match my spare with the 4 white sidewall tires on my T.
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 09:15 am:

Last spring, I gave in and replaced my white smoothies on my '14 with Wards Riversides. They fit fine, but I don't like the way they run down the road. The tread pattern makes them loud. I don't have this problem on the '23, which has s equipped with Firestones. I've also had good luck with Universal Drivers, as well as Universal Ribbed in the past.

I plan to put Firestones on my current project.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration