What Brand of Tires were Used?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What Brand of Tires were Used?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

I have started researching what tires were used on the brass era Model Ts and having a hard time of it. The question of “what tire brands were used on the early Model Ts” has been asked before but I have not really found a complete answer to the question yet. I fairly sure that FIRESTONE and DIAMOND brands were used but what else? What about GOODYEAR, FISK, US TIRES, GOODRICH, and others?

Another question is about the tire repair kits/outfits. Was a tire patch kit supplied with the new cars that matched the brand of tires on the car? If a new Model T came with FIRESTONE tires, was a set of Firestone marked tire tools and patches included; or did someone just throw in a set of tire spoons without regard to the brand of tires on the car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

i think tires are listed on the build sheet. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 09:08 am:

The build sheet for my '10 Touring shows the car was shipped with Diamond Tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 09:54 am:

I have a handful of early (1909-11) build sheets. The ones I have list: Diamond, Good, and either Fire or Fisk. The explanation pages that accompany the sheet state there are four tire possibilities: Good(year), Fire(stone), Fisk, or US Tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 10:57 am:

Surprisingly, the Model T Encyclopedia doesn't have a section on tires. Here's an opportunity for someone to do some historical research.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Here's another thread on the topic of tires:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/477890.html

Does anyone have scans of build sheets they can post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Most of them are so faint that they cannot be scanned. I tired doing mine with no success. The way they were reproduced originally was poor and it just gets worse with every copy. There may be a way to enhance them a bit but it is certainly beyond my skill set!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration