Road Repairs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Road Repairs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

modelT BlownExhaust

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

Great picture :-)
That's Model T lesson #875, only flip between bat and mag while the engine is at idle or running slow - any disconnection of the ignition at higher rpms may result in a loud exhaust bang when it's connected again ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

You can tell a true T lover when he has a smile on his face, even when broken down..:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 11:41 pm:

Yes, well ... it was my foot that caught the key by accident. First time that ever happened ... after driving this car since 1982. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 11:44 pm:

And,he just had to swat that fly....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 12:07 am:

I've kicked the key before. That's why I keep it like this now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 07:33 am:

Yeah, I've seen that before ... but I was so used to the other way and had never had problems before. Being really dyslexic it would have confused the hell out of me. In building the speedster I eventually put the ignition lock up on the dashboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Nothing more fun than a roadside repair, at least one that is easy, and in decent weather! Been there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 08:07 pm:

LOL. I have made that repair!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Back in 1994, our club had a national tour and one day of the tour we crossed the border to Tijuana. Just before we crossed my T backfired and blew the muffler apart, so I drove into Mexico with a straight pipe. Later after we got back to the Hotel I was able to fix it by using a U bolt. I have since tack welded every muffler on my cars to prevent a repeat. I suppose it could still happen, but so far it has not.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration