Double your money

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Double your money
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Not everybody who reads the forum will get this email, so here it is for those who haven't seen it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Sure wish it would extend past December 31. Our club doesn't meet again till late January . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

Personal, individual gifts (when possible) are welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

This is a great way to really help out and whenever you have an opportunity to double your money it's a real shame not to take advantage of it.

The people who attended the National Tour this year in Cochrane received a very nice Refund Check. This would be a great place to give back a little of what you already spent! Like a gift that doesn't cost you anything!

I'm sending mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 05:41 am:

This is a wonderful idea, but I think the timing is a bit off. This time of year, everyone is thinking about Christmas. For a lot of us on fixed incomes, that can be a deal breaker. Maybe a better time would have been around tax return time. JMHO. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 04:23 am:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 08:55 am:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 11:52 am:

I agree with Dave, Don't know who first started the matching funds but it is at the end of the year so those that need some more deductions can do it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Tax time comes in the first quarter for the previous year ending December 31st.

For those in a position to make a suitable donation that they can use as a tax write off - the end of the year makes perfect sense.

Doubling your donation is a great offer .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Thanks Steve,
I knew nothing about this until I saw your post. Was this sent to all members? If so, I need to check my spam filter, if not, it should have been! Surely the MTFCA has a data base with our emails.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Thanks so much, Steve, for posting the email about the MTFCA's year-end Challenge Match. I am very excited to report that because of the generosity of all MTFCA members and Model T enthusiasts, we have already passed the half-way mark toward our goal to raise $20,000!

This was the first time we communicated with our members via email and it has been well received. Be assured these email communications will be distributed prudently.

Approximately 2/3 of MTFCA members have an email address associated with their membership, but people change emails frequently. If someone is a member and didn't receive the Challenge Match message, please do send me a message and we'll get your membership file updated.

Thank you to those individuals and MTFCA Chapters that have already donated so generously. And thanks in advance to those who are contemplating a gift before year-end. All donations to the MTFCA are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated.

susan@mtfca.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 12:45 am:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 06:59 am:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 07:57 am:

Sunday Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

What a wonderful idea! I just sent $100 via credit card, with a (non-binding) request that it go to the museum. But here's a neat kicker: the company from which I retired, Prudential Financial, has a matching gift program. It will send a comparable amount. Since my gift is deductible to me, it costs me after taxes about 75 bucks to send almost 200 bucks to MTFCA (there is a fee to paying by credit card, but I have to do that through the company to get the match). It's a very efficient way to give. And that's before the generosity of the anonymous donor! Think about it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

Gilbert,

It gets better .... :-)

Post on this thread here on the forum:

@ http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/589100.html?1450724060

If you are picked from those who have contributed a minimum of $10.00 ....

I pay EITHER up to $50.00 cash of what you donated
OR you get a $500.00 credit towards enclosed auto transport.

The choice is up to the winner

But you have to post on the thread before December 31st, 2015.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 08:47 am:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 09:29 am:

Okay Jim. you win, I'll post on the thread if you'll stop all that BUMP DE BUMP DE BUMP stuff. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

Only a few days left

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 05:23 pm:

I heard they made their $20,000.00 goal. But they can always use more.... Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Monday, December 28, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

Three days left. They will take a credit card over the phone.. FORDFOOL Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 04:47 am:

Don,

Great news if they met the pledge match !

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration