Ot Ot Don't read this there will be too much controversy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ot Ot Don't read this there will be too much controversy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

I do like to hear the opinions of those on this forum.
Since I just got done watching a movie, a Western, on TV tonight I thought I would say it might be the best Western I have ever seen. I saw "Monty Walsh". I usually have clickeritis and can't stay with a movie too long. This one I watched to the end. I have even seen it before, but was glad to see it again.
I wanted to see that little car that he jumped over riding a horse.
Does anyone know what brand the car was?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Herb, I've never heard of the movie. Now, you've got my attention and I'll have to see if I can find it. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 12:05 am:

Darn it Herb, I must not be a true old car guy. I've seen that movie a couple of times and it is a great western. In the closing scene when he jumps over the car with his horse, it was enough for me that he made that guy look foolish. I never wondered about the car.

Now I'll have to watch this thread to get the answer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 12:19 am:

OT Speaking of westerns with antique cars I was recuperating last week and religned to the couch.

An old John Wayne movie came on one that I had not seen before. "Big Jake".

Watch the movie and see the antique cars set in 1909. Interesting how they determined the cars were better than the horses. I know what they are can but you identify them?

Anyway check it out really interesting.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen -- Ham Lake, MN on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 03:18 am:

I believe those were REOs if I recall correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 03:20 am:

Was it the 1970 or 2003 version of Monte Walch you were watching, Herb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:17 am:

It was the 2003 version with Rom Selleck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:27 am:

I did an Internet search and could find very little on this car. I could find no information on the make other than 1 guess that it was a Baker Electric, which I doubt. There is speculation that it was made fore the movie and ant a true early car at all, which I guess is possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:31 am:

Make that "made for the movie and not a true early car". Darn auto correct. I think it got Herb too. It starred Tom Selleck, not Rom Selleck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:29 am:

The 1970 version is awesome, a timeless classic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

It was on so I watched it to take a better look at the car. I could see no label or lettering that would indicate a brand name. It is not an electric as evidenced by the gas tank (a small one behind he seats) and the sound track. It is a fairly non-descript body and utilizes front and rear elliptical transverse mounted springs.

I am fairly convinced it was a car manufactured for the movie. The two reasons I think this is the case are:

1. The lack of any visible manufactures name, initials or logo.

2. A couple of times the driver stops the car and turns off the engine (at least the engine appears to stop based on the fact that it goes quiet). He then starts it, or more correctly it appears to start itself, when he's ready to move again. If it were a real period car he'd need to get out and crank it.

Anyhow, just my observations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

We are talk'en about Tom Silleck in "Monte Walsh the Last Cowboy" correct.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgT1ArQPZ_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUzUyXLyFns

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

OK Herb you got me to read the thread and my heart is having a hard time dealing with the controversy because I haven't formed an opinion yet.
My wife is aware of the problem and if I have a heart attack she will come after you.

When (If) I form an opinion I will be like the liberals and stick to it even if the facts say something different.
I will check out what Trump and Hillary say and make sure I do not align with Hillary.

As for your clickeritus, you need to get control of that problem.
I understand that the there is a Dr. in Southern Mongolia that has switched from curing body rot to your affliction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

"You can't have no idea how little I care"

Probably one of the best lines in a Selleck film full of really good lines.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration