OT - Have you ever seen a T guy showing-off also get it badly wrong ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Have you ever seen a T guy showing-off also get it badly wrong ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ca_1448989614

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

An occasional item in the police news section of the paper here is a citation for "display of acceleration". So far I haven't been ticketed for that while driving a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

Like their commercial says
Built Ram Tough

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

That's going to be a hard one explaining it to the insurance company...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

I try to keep my T under control and not do burnouts. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

Appears that rear tires had different air pressure which will cause car to turn under hard acceleration. This is called stagger and is commonly done on sprint cars to help them turn left. I would venture to also say the Mustang had a locker rear axle which would make matters worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

Glad I have a RAM. I want to know about the "Dirty Bathroom Pictures." Dude, what rag are you viewing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

Large amounts of horsepower can get stupid people into trouble real quick... he didn't lift or even countersteer until impact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

If he got out alive, he's very fortunate. He has also been fined without any court hearing. That was an expensive car and he also ruined at least one other vehicle. If no one was killed, he is lucky.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Someone seriously needs to have their ass kicked. What a moron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen banks on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

Yeah, I played it twice and the guy never let off the gas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 10:39 pm:

Work with me here .... the "plus" side of doing something like this is WHAT ???

And the risks to property and innocents is never considered (or purposely overruled ?) for what reason/s ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Once he lost control he was in panic mode - foot on the throttle and at that point he was just along for the ride........money can buy lots of horsepower but it can't buy the common sense to respect it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

What the guy was doing was taking a few minutes out of his day to "live on the edge". He did it as a thrill, to impress people, to just cut loose and "push the limit". People do it all the time. It gets their adrenalin flowing and the resulting endorphins give him a little extra shot and make him feel good.

And a high percentage of the time, what the guy did doesn't result in damage.

But, every once in a while, a feller can miscalculate the effect "one unaccounted for independent variable" can have on the outcome of such an experiment. In this case there were a few variables including things like "horsepower", "traction coefficient", " intelligence" and a few others.

But hey, that's okay! It gives the rest of us a chance to sit and point at the fool and laugh. And, that makes us feel good.

So really, what the guy did was spread the goodness around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 01:05 am:

And if he hit and mangled some poor boob who happened to innocently be crossing the street ?

And if that poor boob was your kid ? Yeah ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 07:30 am:

Burger, what I said was a poorly executed attempt at sarcasm. I apologize if I upset you or anyone else. There definitely isn't any goodness spread around by such an exhibition of stupidity.

For as long as people can get their hands on vehicles capable of providing this kind of performance we'll all be at risk for being involved with the tragic outcome of this type of ignorance.

You asked what the plus side is of doing such a thing. There's no plus side to it. It's not entertainment. It doesn't provide for anything good. But, the reason the guy did it was for the "rush" he got from doing it. He weighed the possible outcomes of what he was doing and felt that "rush" was more important then the life of somebody's kid.

And the sad thing is, the guy that did it has probably got children or grandchildren of his own. People are inherently stupid. This guys just got a little extra dose of stupidity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 09:55 am:

The first thing Dad taught me about driving was.. "Let off the gas, let the wheels regain traction, then apply the brake and steering judiciously... if more people would do that I wouldn't have to work so many fatalities!"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration