OT; OT threads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT; OT threads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

Hi,
An observance I've made.......
I noticed that in the "Last Day"'s 46 threads, 12 of them are headed up "OT.
That's just over 25% non 'T' related threads and doesn't take into account anything OT that isn't headed up that way.
Given that posts and threads are always coming and going, these figures will, no doubt, change.
This IS NOT a complaint, merely an observation.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

What really upsets me is when someone posts a topic that is label OT and then it is about Ford Model Ts and their Christmas photo, that is a blatant abuse of the term OT:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

Well Gustaf I guess we could also say OT stands for On Topic :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

OT = OFF Topic
Everything else is on topic(Model T)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Even T-Guys think about or have opinions about other things. "There isn't a person on this earth that we can't learn 'something' from them that we didn't know before."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

As long as things stay civilized, I enjoy most of the OT posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

It would be a great idea to have a separate forum for OT threads that have no Model T content.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

What we have here is a group of guys that are frustrated with the current attitudes in the country and they (we) need to vent to each other.
There is a bit of security for us in knowing that others have the same opinion.

Many of us are veterans, truly love the country, and are not sucked in by the liberal garbage.

Without the T forum we would feel alone.
OT is important and part of the comradeship we need.

(Message edited by Nhusa on December 04, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Well said, Fred! I agree totally. Even the most die hard T'er I think can occasionally use a "breather" from T-talk! The privelege of posting an OT helps in that fashion. It's almost like an extra support group for the day to day issues in our lives. We all need those. I say, keep 'em coming, just don't abuse it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

Split them in 2? Guess which one would die. Check out the Barn and the I for your answer. Leave it a lone. It's fun, educational & informative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

Clearly, we all have way too much time on our hands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

Could be the time of year is an issue. Many have stopped driving yet have not started restoring/repairing. Doesn't leave much on topic to talk about. Meanwhile, we are still addicted to reading and writing posts so, anything goes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

this is funny!! so many posts about OT posts, it seems the whiners not only take the time to read what doesnt interest them, but they take the time to write about it! well, enough for me, i'm on to something more interesting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 12:02 am:

Fred Dimock, you hit the hammer right on the head er the nail on the hammer, I mean you hit the head of the hammer, I mean the nail of the... It's late, I'm old, so, what Fred said. That's, you know, that's uh, right. Yeah, Fred said it right!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 02:01 am:

Clayton,
It sure is funny,
especially when it's obvious that posters don't read the initial post, choosing instead to shoot from the hip.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Fred,Many of us are veterans who also truly love our country who are not sucked in by the right wing garbage!! This forum seeks it's one level and to split it up would make it like the MTFCI forum or almost dead!! Merry Christmas Fred! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration