Picture experment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Picture experment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Thought I would try to take a picture of a document with my camera and see how it post. This is the title of a center door sedan that I once owned in terrible condition. apparently car dealers were not all honest in the past. From the engine number and many unique parts on the T it was clearly a 1920. If you can read it the dealer wrote that it is a 1922. I bet that this happened a lot with buyers that bought used cars without knowing the differences.

Title

Steve is not the only one it bothers!!! ha ha

(Message edited by adminchris on December 04, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

The only thing you did wrong is you should always have a hard return after the text, before the image. Mr. Jelf will send you to detention for this. But do not worry, you will not be the only one there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

hummmm. hard return what you talking about!!!!!!!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

At the end of your typing, hit Enter twice. This will give you a space between the typing and the picture. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

Nah, what really gets Steve going is when text mysteriously appears after the picture, usually at the bottom, or often to one side or the other. I can't blame him there, actually. And goodness knows, I've tried and tried to eliminate that and it just keeps doing it quite a bit. Can't seem to figure it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

Hitting the enter key at the end of your sentence, paragraph, or each photo, is the same thing as hitting the return lever/handle on the old mechanical typewriters and "slamming the carriage back to the left side of your letter (or forum post today) Does anyone remember the old mechanical typewriters :-) :-) By hitting the enter key twice it moves the picture to the left side of the post and spaces it two lines down. That way the typing is by itself and/or the pictures line up on the left side in a easier to view layout. (Chris, see I was paying attention) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

Rather then start another thread - I wanted to let people know I finally found an iPhone - iPad app that will reduce the size of an image for the forum.

Called :

Minima

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Jim,

As I looked at the title, I think it was last updated Aug 24, 1978 is that correct? And if so, it might have actually been a 1922 Centerdoor that had the engine replaced sometime in the past with the engine serial number listed on the engine logs for May 12, 1920.

In many states, if I change the engine out, I need to report that and have the title updated to reflect the new engine number. But the year of the car would remain unchanged.

Do you happen to remember if the Centerdoor had the window lift straps or the latches with the notches on each side of the window for the latches to fit into? What about the metal covering over the wood around the windows on the outside of the body? And did it have the "L" shaped door handle or the earlier "T" or the later "L" handle. There was a period of overlap -- but the window latches, "L" handle, and metal cover on the window wood indicate a 1922 rather than a 1920. And an early 1922 could have all the 1920 features. But it is just a thought.

Thank you for posting the document.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

Hap the last action was 1942 I also have the last registration slip for it. Many things like bail handles and lift straps for windows identify it as 1920. If you look in the postings for a few days back you can see the car now. It is owned by Les Sumpner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

Looks OK to me, but you might get a clearer image with a scanner. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

not sure about Mich. but Ill. didint have titles until 1934 all you had was a bill of sale. I think a lot of people made there car a year or two newer thinking it was worth more. I have seen many titles with the year wrong

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

This title was issued in 1928. and I just wanted to see if taking a photo with my cheap Nikon camera and posting it would work. This cheap camera can be set to take the size picture that will post on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Sumner lapeer mi on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 07:13 am:

Jim, sent you a private message. Les Sumner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Jim -- Thanks. And since the body was/is also 1920 then it appears the year was wrong.

And a link to the photos of the before and after of the 1920 Centerdoor (scroll down to photos) is: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/588754.html?1448491207 .

It is neat how the forum can help folks track down information and history about their cars.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 08:00 am:

The Simple Reside app works on both iOS and Android devices for Forum photo uploads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 08:02 am:

simple Resize app! Spell checker got me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 10:34 am:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration