NOS 29 tooth TT Ring gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: NOS 29 tooth TT Ring gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

I have a NOS 29 Tooth TT Ring gear that I have had since 1955. I believe it is a 5 to 1 gear. Does any one know for sure? It is marked with the Ford script. A capital "F" is by one tooth.

TT  Ring gear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

29 and 4 on the worm is 7.25 to 1 is a low speed ring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

Andy is correct. The high speed set has a 31 tooth ring gear and a 6 tooth worm. The high speed ratio is 5.?? (I don't remember the exact number. :-()

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

High speed is 5.16.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

Darell send me an email I got pics showing both gears next to each other just can't get pics post here Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

Here are both gears: 31 tooth high speed and 29 tooth low speed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

Thank you for the comments. I now know it is the slow speed one. Does it have any use? I would think that the high speed gear and the correct worn gear would be what TT owners would want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

Darel, I think that the low speed gears are in low demand. I have a NOS one also. I have thought about doing something like this with it...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration