Two brass Aussies ( 1 AUD = 0.73 USD )

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Two brass Aussies ( 1 AUD = 0.73 USD )
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 03:06 am:

http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/cars-for-sale/1915-FORD-MODEL-T-JCW3724482?

www.justauto.com.au/justcars/cars-for-sale/1913-FORD-MODEL-T-JCW3737960?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Weird stuff. Why don't the hoods get painted? The 1926 - 27 touring with the brass radiator and early fenders gets extra credit for weirdness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Ditto. And a red '15?? Tisk tisk. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 05:30 pm:

Careful, Tim -- A lot of folks on here just love their red 15's. Not me, but lots of others. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Royce. I have not painted the aluminum new hood on my 1910. It looks so nice, I left it unpainted. I will paint it when I redo the body and will paint the hood green as the body should be.

Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

Yeah, I know Mike, and really, I don't mind. I just like to help people's circulation... ;)

There's a nice '11 Torpedo on Hemmings, that while it is blue,it's really not the super dark blue it ought to be, but ya know, I'd buy it anyway if I could! It's still pretty. Yes, even I do bend a bit once in a while!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Royce, well spotted on the tourer. It is in fact a later body grafted onto a brass radiator. However, it is not a 26-7 body. It is an early 1920's, no later than 1922, Duncan and Fraser standard tourer body. These had the sloping windscreen much earlier than US cars, so they may appear later to US T enthusiasts. Whole totally incorrect, it is remarkable how well the whole goes together.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Mine for example.....is an October, 1921 Canadian built, Australian (Steenbohms, Sydney NSW) bodied touring.
It has a sloping windscreen and a one man hood. Quite stylish for us here in the antipodes, eh?
Cheers,
Rob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration