Ford vs Hupmobile

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford vs Hupmobile
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

A fun scene from 1915's "The Jitney Romance". Charlie drives what looks like a stock c1909-1912 Hupmobile Model 20 roadster pursued by a brass (1913?) Model T Ford Touring. The Hupp really has is over the Ford in this film!

Phil

https://youtu.be/IiTaPSlFUdE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

I followed a Hupp 20 on tour with my T and I can assure you that the Hupp never was a match for a T. The poor thing couldn't get out of its own way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

It's interesting that both cars were introduced in 1909. The Model T lasted a bit longer, however. Hupp replaced their Model 20 with the 32 in 1912.

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

Bobby Hupp left Ford Motor Company at the Piquette Plant in about 1908 to start his own Hupmobile Company. Prior to Ford, he worked for Oldsmobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

"Jitney" also referred to a buffalo nickel

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration