Help Identifying Cowl

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Help Identifying Cowl
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

Very large cowl. Note the factory indents and holes near the windshield posts. Also pictured next to a 26/27 cowl for size comparison. Need help ID this part (year /make) Thanks -also check out the art work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Palmisano on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

It looks like it might be a TT cowl. Do you have any pictures of the inside of the cowl vent?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

I can grab them tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 01:34 am:

FYI - Closed cab TT's (Like my Dad's '26) have the same firewall as my '25 coupe. The photo shows something which looks to be much wider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 02:00 am:

Another TT identifier is a raised moulding (body line) from just under the center door hinge toward the firewall curve. Whether Matt's is an earlier model also might be a possibility.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 08:07 am:

Don't think it's T at all - too big. Dodge perhaps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 11:10 am:

My initial thought was 'Dodge', but I certainly am not an authority.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

It looks like a 1924 T closed car from what I can see. The differences between '24 and '25 are discussed here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/587956.html

Similar to this one (lower photos):

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/582785.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

PS the holes would have been added later and are miss-leading.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 02:38 pm:

The guy in the top hat clearly indicates this is W.C. Fields' car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

24 closed car, would be a good start for a hack. KGB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration