OK MTFCA, the hunt is on......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OK MTFCA, the hunt is on......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

Many of you knew Donald Foye. He passed away last month. He helped infect me with the "T" bug. I've located his 13,11,and 15 cars throughout the years and found where they went and who they belonged to. There is one more car he had in the early 50's that we're (the family) is wondering where it ended up. It's a REAL longshot, but worth a try. So the challenge is, please contact me or post any leads you may have on this incredible longshot of locating the last of his collection. Here's what I know. He was at the Duxbury Mass 4th of July parade in the early 50's and saw a model T drive by. He made up his mind he would have one and be in the parade the following year. He bought a 1921 and painted it yellow. Later he acquired the 13, but kept the 21 for his father in law, Edward Ouellette, to use as long as he wanted. The car was sold after Edwards death in 1958. Sadly, that's about it for information. NO idea who bought it, but the pictures below may be of some use to someone and help spark someone's memory. Where it went from there is the mystery and who has it now. Anybody here do genealogy on model T's? Step on up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

All the blood has rushed to my head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 09:51 am:

Something is crazy about Iphone picture uploads. EVERY picture here on my desktop is positioned correctly when I search this thread. I open it up on my cell phone and half the pictures are upside down. I don't understand it. Something dirty between windows and apple not playing nice together....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 09:56 am:

The phone makes them awfully tiny and distorts them too. I'd use a scanner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 09:59 am:

They all come right side up on my desktop with windows 8.1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

I can't look again. My innards can't take it. :-)
I gotta get widows! Oh, oh no, I...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 01:36 am:

Matt-
With the sloped windshield and one-man top, the car looks to be a 1924 or 25, not 1921.
It is hard to tell if it has a high radiator or low radiator.

Didn't Canadian 1921 T's have a sloped windshield and one-man top?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

It sure looks Canadian. I see what you mean about the windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 07:04 pm:

Pretty sure that Canadian cars of that era had the two oval rear windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

The Canadian sloping windshields from the early 20's had both the upper and lower pane opening like on '26/'27 open car windshields. The pictured car seems to have had a '23-'25 US style windshield. Hard to tell, but the radiator without an apron may have been the low style - that points to a 1923 style USA touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

I am looking thru the converted 8 mm videos that my dad had to see if there is a picture of the Foyes.
Many of them were were in the late 50s and early 60s and a few were from the south shore antique car club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 05:22 am:

Fred, that is great, please let us know what you find. Thanks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration