What year and side do these spring perches fit.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What year and side do these spring perches fit.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

I have a few NOS spring perches I want to sell. I need to know for sure the year and side. They have oiler holes, and are all the same side. I think they are right side but unsure. two are spoken for, so will have 3 left to sell. I could probably figure it out, but it is faster to just ask .. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

Have you heard the one about the fellow carrying a case of dynamite? When he dropped it, it exploded and blew away the entire left side of his body! It really hurt for a little while, but he is all right now.

They are all rights.
I usually just look at them from the side and visualize the fit and position. The problem with that is that there is just no good way to tell anyone else how to do that.
Early perches, however, are easy. The hole where the wishbone fits into it has a chamfer (angle cut) on one side. That side goes to the back, the chamfer is for the radius cut on the wishbone to fit into. The nut bolts down on the front and prefers a flatter surface.
Sometimes you can find one that has been cut or worn on the front side also, but that seems to be rare.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

1917 - 1920.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

Thanks, I looked at them like you said you do, and decided they were all the right side, but just wanted to make sure I was thinking right. Thanks again ...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration