Model T or A parts ID

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T or A parts ID
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

I got a few parts with a recent T purchase that I believe are Model A, but want to know for sure so I can find the right buyer for the parts I don't need.

doors for a fordoor

Trunk lid for coupe or roadster

Rear Bumper

Also got an upper cowl/gas tank that I believe is 30-31 A, but forgot to take pictures...

Any of this stuff have any value?
(full-disclosure, I am asking for the purpose of advertising and selling them to someone who can use them, and to recover some of my investment and garage space)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

Derek, The doors look like they're the front doors for a T Fordor Sedan, but I'm not absolutely sure, On the back side of the doors just under the window, does it say BUDD in large letters? If so, then it's most likely for a T.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 03:52 am:

Rear bumper assembly definitely Model A. IIRC 1930/31

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 04:57 am:

Trunk lid looks to be model A since the T trunk lid has a key impression rather than the circular impression that you have in your lid.
Not sure if it is a 28/29 or a 30/31 if there is even a difference.
The rear bumper is a 30/31 from the shape of the bumperettes if there is even such a word.

The doors look to be fordor late model T probably 26/27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 06:59 am:

The deck lid appears to be 28-29 by the location of the latch. The latch was moved inwards in 30-31 so the pawl wouldn't damage the paint. The rear bumper has the early pipe between the arms but has 30-31 bars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

I'm thinking that at some time I was told that the 26-7 Fordor doors were also used on A trucks. Could be either one - the deck panel looks just like the one on my 29 A as does the rear bumper

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

Thanks for the help guys, I have the parts on local CL now. :-)

The doors are basically just skins, the wood is completely gone from one, and missing quite a bit from the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

It is the Tudor/Coupe 26-27 doors that were used on model A trucks. Far as I know, 26-27 Fordor doors are on their own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 11:24 pm:

-Derek-
Measurements on those door skins might help to identify correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 03:35 am:

Derek, a shot of the inside of those doors may help also. Might help in determining what they AREN'T. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Wood inside makes them pre 1926 doors - mine are all steel - so I'll guess they are 1923-25 but that is just a guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

Mark, steel doors were used in '25 too. My '25 coupe has them. '24's were wood. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration