Order for installing front end sheet metal to the framex-1927 tudor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Order for installing front end sheet metal to the framex-1927 tudor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

Reading the Ford manual, it would seem that the splash sheild bolts on first, followed by the front fender, radiator, hood shelves, then the engine pans. Is this correct? Any precautions I need to be aware of?

Also, my car only had two bolts that attached the hood shelves to the frame -the long 4" bolts. I purchased the entire set from Langs. Where do the shorter bolts go? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

I have always started with the rear fender and worked forward. I bolt the rear fender on to the body and then use vise grips or clamps on everything else. This allows you to check the fitting and adjust as needed. If you have repop items to fit plan on doing some reaming or even drilling to get the desired fit. I can't answer the "shorter bolts" question...sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 04:11 pm:

The 26/27 frames has brackets on the frame that supports the rear part of the hood shelf. The outer fastening between the shelf and the bracket is a short bolt.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration