OT - Maybe, Maybe Not

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Maybe, Maybe Not
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 08:29 am:

The boys mother took him to see Santa. When Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas he told him a Model T, not a toy one, a real one. I don't know Santa's reply, but it's my job to tell him not this year. He tells me he can drive one now from watching me. He turns the key on, pulls the choke, then switches it to mag, he also turns it off. He is 4 and his 2 year old brother is getting into it now also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 08:33 am:

Well there ya go. Maybe all is not lost. Great photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 08:46 am:

Nice to see a kid outdoors and really PLAYING and using his imagination. Nowadays most kids idea of "playing outside" is sitting on the front step with their tablet or I-Pad in hand, head bent down screwing up their otherwise not fully formed vertebrae, not to mention their minds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Great Photo and story but I'm jealous...the boy has more tools then I do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 11:43 am:

Dan - Maybe G'pa might explain to him that it takes time to do a proper "restoration" of a Model "T", and those elves of Santa's are just little guys, and it's pretty hard for them to handle all those heavy Model "T" parts and to hand crank the engine! It's pretty obvious to me that those two little guys have been severely "bitten by the "T" bug"! Great photos Dan,....and it's also quite obvious that those kids have a couple of darn good grandparents!

You know, in thinking about it, it makes me kind of reflect back on my "upbringing", which included listening to my Dad and Grandpa, talking about their experience with Model "T's when they were young. Like Dad telling me about Uncle Jack (my Dad's eldest brother) putting a "foot-feed" on the Model "T" and their "ol' man" crashing the Model "T" out through the barn due to that "#%&@# foot-feed".

Anyway, maybe listening to Dad's memories of the ol' Model "T" up on the farm in Minnesota just might have somehow instilled the "bug" in me when I was a kid! Whatever did it,....I'm glad, and those little grandsons of yours will be glad some day too Dan,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

Santa has been known to leave a real Model T in the front yard if you're really good all year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Thanks guys, to be honest while potty training the Boy was using Grams tablet, now he has graduated, he wants music on and has to have Langs catalog or one of the T magazines. Tools, he has a tool box with cast offs people give him. Some of my tools started to disappear, then I realized if he saw one he liked the looks of, he would put it in his box. When we work together we have to use some of his tools.
You're right Harold, he definitely has the bug.
Derek, Real nice picture, the only thing missing is a red bow on the T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

From the looks of the knee on his bluejeans, he's a real boy. I can still remember my mother telling me I was too hard on the knees of my pants.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

Check out this short video. If you had taken the Boy on this flight no telling what might have happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEIvi2MuEk

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

My daughter Rachel works at Westjet, it's a great company.

..... and mum & dad get pretty good deals on flights!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:34 am:

Dick, he does go through work cloths. He loves the red boots,they were to big when he got them at 2yrs and the are still to big but wears them anytime he can. Thanks for the you tube clip,I wonder how they would have handled his request. I can imagine "get out of here kid your messing up the video."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration