Old Photo - Brass Era - Posing With Their New Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Brass Era - Posing With Their New Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

Neat picture. If I knew how to do thought balloons I'd add the following:

HE: "Now if only I can learn to drive this thing."

SHE: "Sure hope he learns to drive this thing before he kills us both."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 07, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

They could pass for newlyweds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 10:49 am:

I wonder what happened to the horn bulb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 11:24 am:

I wonder how they will see when it get's dark??Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

Bud, I was wondering how you decided they'd have trouble seeing after dark. Then I figured you said it because, unless I'm mistaken, the car should have what I think is referred to as a carbide generator. I'm not all that knowledgeable about gas lighting.

Then I realized, where they're going to be after dark may not be that important to them. At any rate, not to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Likely the horn tubing bracket was the early style with the long stem and he knocked it off with his knee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

The only thing the lights might have been electrofide?? Spelling opt.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Carbide... Electrofide... French fride... It all works for me! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

Headlamps do appear to be electrified. Difficult to be certain in a photo from this angle. However, the only reflector in a typical 1912 to '14 T headlamp is the mirror way at the back of the lamp. Some earlier and non-T lamps had a partial reflector to help focus the light beam right on the backside of the door. But on a T of that vintage, there should be no reflection from inside the door at this angle. At this angle, we could be seeing light reflecting off the front of the glass, but it generally doesn't show quite how it does here unless there is something really bright behind the car just out of the field of the camera.
These look like internal reflectors (I think I can make out the reflection of the ground in the top half of the reflector!). Some, not all, headlamp electrification kits from that era did have reflectors moved forward to right behind the glass door.
Battery is probably in the trunk or in that nifty tool slot behind the gasoline tank.
Great picture! I love it. Thank you all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Sorry about my spelling!! Sometimes i just sit and laugh and hit post before i wear out spell check.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

Well ya made me chuckle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

Nice 13 windshield.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration