WW1 Ambulance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: WW1 Ambulance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

The military museum I help out with is having a reproduction M1917 tank built. They would also like to have an ambulance to go with their other ww1 displays. Any advise as to where they should start as far as finding a vehicle? They have a pretty good staff of volunteers who can build about anything if they have directions or patterns. They are located in Vincennes, Indiana.
thanks,
Mike S

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

You might start by calling Ron's machine shop in Shandon, Ohio. They have a Model T museum and might know where you could get a suitable 1917 - 1918 chassis for your project.

http://www.ronsmachineshop.net/Home.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

I just reread the article in the Model T Times about the Model T tanks. It was an old article, quite a few years old. I think it said that there were fifteen tanks built, and two left. One was at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds if I remember what the article said. There were 15,000 tanks ordered but the order was canceled when the war ended before the tanks could be built.
There were two 1918 Model T engines in each tank.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration