What direction should Bosch zr4 mag turn to be right for a model t?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What direction should Bosch zr4 mag turn to be right for a model t?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Free on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

I am trying to buy a Bosch zr4 magneto and I'd like to be able to accurately describe to a seller who doesn't know what they have to tell me the rotation. I have the bosh triple gear linkage for the unit I just need to give the seller some instructions on how to determine the rotation for a model t engine. Any and all help appreciated ! Thanks John@johnfree.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 02:37 am:

If the first gear turns with the camshaft, then it would turn counter clockwise seen from the front of the engine. Then the third gear would also turn counter clockwise. If the magneto is connected to the third gear in a similar position as the generator on later T engines, then the connector that drives the magneto would point forward and there would be some type of arrow somewhere on the magneto hopefully pointing to the left if above the input axle when looking at it from the driven end..?

(just trying to sort it out, may be wrong since I haven't got any similar unit myself)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration