Magneto coil ring rebuild

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Magneto coil ring rebuild
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 04:39 am:

Hey All,

A few months ago I started the rebuild of a double round magneto coil ring with demountable corps.
Now I am at the point the coil ring can be reassembled. It just need a new terminal post.
Here are a few photos that shows the way I did it.

Just enjoy

Andre Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Great work, thanks for the pictures! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 09:10 am:

Wow, looks like you did a fine job. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 09:38 am:

Andre-
Nice work.
What insulation did you use on the ribbon wire?
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Keith,
I use the 3M tape they talk about in the MTFCA electric system manual. The tool I use to make the coils is also based on the tool in the manual.
Except the cleaning all is done on the dinner table. It is not an easy job but if I can do it, it can be done by everyone.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Good work! I suppose you sprayed it with some type of coating after you got it all together?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 11:10 am:

I use polyester resin for coating.

Andre
Belgium

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration