Old Photo - Brass Era - Posing At The Ranch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Brass Era - Posing At The Ranch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Might be the town marshal. Almost looks like he's wearing a badge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

Looks like a Canadian model. Notice the windshield, horn tube, and L.H. door handle and 30X 3 1/2's in the front. The splash shield is also interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Interesting stripping on a 13 touring. Was the stripping done at the factory or Dealer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

looks like all the stripping i have had on old panels. i have had sill have a few & pics i have seen. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

A Billy Keys ancestor :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

Interesting that the body appears to have a pretty good shine while the hood, fenders, splash apron & running board look flat.

Could this be due to a color difference or what ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

Of course I can't say with certainty, but it looks like a two tone paint job to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Note that there is no pinstriping either on the hood that has a different color than the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

when i look at it i see dark green panels, black molding, gold pin stripe. but i could be wrong as my wife tells me i am color blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

looks like a Canadian RHD to me (if the photo isn't flipped) Canadian cars were pin striped like this. Here is an original Canadian unrestored car pic of a door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

Vest suggests the photo is not flipped. Seems like we would see the horn on the firewall if the car were RHD.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/galt-museum/3380765308
If the connection to Kootenai Brown ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kootenay_Brown )
is correct, then the car may well be Canadian.
http://www.kootenaibrown.ca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

Ken

I flipped the photo and the Horn location is confusing me. It is a Canadian car with 30 x 3 1/2 tires all around. looks even more RHD with the photo reversed. might explain why the horn isn't there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:28 am:

Did RHD cars have the speedometer gear on the left front wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 03:13 am:

No, Keith, they didn't have the speedo drive on the left front wheel. Must be a LHD car as in the original top photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

The horn bulb is mounted the same way on my Canadian built 1913 touring car.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration