Old Photo - Model T Era Portland Oregon Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era Portland Oregon Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 11:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 11:30 am:

One of the streets around Portland's City Hall. Still sitting on the berm with the same fence around it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

Always fun to look at these busy street scene photos. So much going on then. On the edge of the photo appears to be a T center-door sedan with steel disc wheels. Ahead of it is an unknown make Cloverleaf roadster. That is one that you don't find very often in street scene photos. I am not sure why? There are quite a few survivors of numerous marques. I personally know of an Auburn, a Marmon, and believe it or not five Pierce Arrows. Including Nash, I have seen probably a dozen others over the years. The style did go by several names, but Cloverleaf roadster was probably the most common name used (I think Pierce Arrow used a different name, but don't recall what it was). I have even seen a couple surviving after-market bodied cars on model T chassis pictured on eBad or books. The car in this picture looks to maybe have wire wheels. But I cannot say with any certainty.

I am looking back at the photo? I was looking at the man walking away from the Cloverleaf Roadster because he is wearing a straw hat! Not a lot of straw hats in this picture, but maybe a couple more in the crowd across the street (again, not certain). Must be the wrong time of the year. However, I noticed also the rear window in the Cloverleaf Roadster. The car is a Chandler!

Ahead of the Chandler cloverleaf roadster, is the requisite 1920ish Ford model T touring with front door hanging open.
Wonderful photo! Thank you Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 07:08 pm:

the cloverleaf could also be overland mod 90. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Hey, isn't that the old bag from the Wizard of Oz up front?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration