Holly Vaporizer--Should I rebuild it?????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holly Vaporizer--Should I rebuild it?????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Should I rebuild my Holly Vaporizer or go another direction?
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

If it's for the '23 you list on your profile, the Holly Vaporizer doesn't belong on that year car anyway, so I'd go with the ol' reliable Holly NH,......FWIW,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

Paul:

Need more info on your engine's starting/running ......

Running well ??? , Problems ??? elaborate please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 02:13 pm:

My engine is a 1919 and had a Vaporizer on it when I bought it. I believe this carb. is for a later model, '25 -'26. Just getting ready to check the condition of the engine and fix what is needed. Then put it into my '23. I will be needing other parts as I progress.
Not running but have turned it over with the crank which is encouraging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

From the encyclopedia: 6250 ------2201S Holley Vaporizer (Limited number of cars in 1925, standard equipment after late 1926)

I agree with Harold. For 1923 I'd go with the old standby Holley NH. It's plentiful, cheap, reliable, and simple. Later you may want to experiment with something more exotic. The NH you want for 1923 has this kind of adjuster, not the swivel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration