Enclosed trailer door height required for 27 Coupe.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Enclosed trailer door height required for 27 Coupe.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

I am looking at enclosed trailers. The body of my 27 coupe is off the chassis so it hard to get a true measurement. My current trailer has a six foot door and I know that won’t work. I appreciate any help I can get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Alby,

Go tall or go home .... :-)

Good idea to have your entry door a minimum of 6 inches taller than you ever expect you will need.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 06:15 pm:

Thanks. I learned that lesson on my last trailer. However,I'm looking at a used trailer with 6' 6" clearance at the door. When I add the height of the body and the distance from the ground to the body mounts plus 6" for the top, I get 80" which won't work. When the body is mounted there should be some reduction in the height and the top might not be 6". I would like to get some thoughts from someone who has trailored an assembled coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

Alby, pass on the 6'6" trailer and go buy an 8 foot tall trailer, you won't regret it. As one of the other fellows on this forum says," Don't ask me how I know..."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

Remember that you lose a foot of height because of the door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:32 am:

To answer the original question, my 26 coupe is 74 inches tall and fits easily into my standard height cargo trailer.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Thanks Andy

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration