What the heck is going on with my dash?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What the heck is going on with my dash?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

guys,

I have a 1923 touring with a one man top and slanted windshield. Someone put in an earlier straight dash and i'm making effort to change to the correct 1923-25 slanted dash. I did a test fit tonight and the top irons and dash line up but i have problems with the cowl. what is going on? seems like the cowl might be incorrect? the holes for the cowl are not lining up and i have large gas where the irons would line up on the cowl.

i'm confused. pics are below

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 06:15 pm:

this is what it originally looked like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

The top trim strip on your cowl should not be there when you put the dash in. That would throw everything out of whack. The dash goes up and over the lip on the cowl.HTH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 09:25 am:

thanks jack, that appears to be the problem! I did a test fit last night by bending the lip over the cowl. It was totally wrapped inwards and I would have never thought it went over just by looking at it!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration