Running board blocks 1924

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Running board blocks 1924
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

Having two cars the same year is handy, up to a point. The touring was my Fathers and redone in the mid 70's. Some things may not be correct, but there are small stuff. The "new' car is a unrestored Dec of 23 roadster. One of the things on my list od small projects id replacing the wood under the running boards and the bolts. I have already taken the bolt "kit" from Lang's removed the plating on the top of the bolt, turned the diameter down about .050" .060", and re-contoured the top to be a bit less curved. Over the weekend I started to remove the old and replace with the new.

Here is my What The Heck question. My roadster has wood under the rear of the running board where the rear fender bolts to the running board, my touring does not. Anyone else seen this? The new wood kit only comes with 4 blocks not 6, the pack of bolts has 8 short and 8 long bolts.

Just bringing the discussion up.

My early guess here is to just forget the extra block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

on my 24 Fordor I had to use six blocks in order for the fenders to fit without a kink.

Ricki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Your running boards have two wood blocks only. The fenders use two flat washers between the fender and the running board, unless you have the '25 style fender, which has embossed washers on it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration