Put this on the end of your pipe...I dare you

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Put this on the end of your pipe...I dare you
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1918-1919-1920-1921-1922-1923-924-1925-1926-1927-model-t -emco-cut-out-rare-ford-/121836722754?hash=item1c5e08da42:g:l0MAAOSwxN5WaOy9&vxp =mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 01:39 am:

Ahhh, what's it supposed to do other than weigh your tail pipe down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 02:21 am:

Yea I saw that tonight too - what's it do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 03:28 am:

Either a straight through to by pass the muffler or a jake brake like on trucks??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 05:28 am:

I wouldn't think it was an exhaust brake as they are commonly used only on trucks with Diesel engines, and Model T or TT's didn't go fast enough to need an exhaust brake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 05:54 am:

It is a muffler with built in cutout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 07:41 am:

Doesn't look very correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 08:12 am:

Good Lord! I agree with you Dave!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 09:43 am:

I like it :-) but I would need 2 of them on the Speedster project since Im thinking of using the cast iron dual exhaust manifold ... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:46 am:

That's the Taber muffler and cut-out combo. Rarely seen, as expensive in the day at 1919 dollars of $4.75 (cut-out version), today in 2015 that price tag would be about $65 for this muffler.

Here is adv. for the non-cutout style of this cast iron muffler for the Ford. Heavy casting with strong mounting brackets to the frame holes for the regular iron cap ends muffler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

I'll bet a backfire wouldn't blow that one apart! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

I would have that on my car in a heart beat! Cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

i got one of those i am saving for my form a truck.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

I may have to reconsider the dual exhaust. This would look so cool peeking out from below the speedster. But it may screw up my power to weight ratio thing ... Oh well we can't have it all . :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

Hey Donnie. Just think, that would sure add a bit of weight over that right rear wheel to help keep down the wheel spin on take off!! Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration